IIPRD (IIPRD) is among the leading Indian IP Consulting Firms focusing on Technology Transfer and Licensing for numerous Indian and Global Corporates and Research Institutes. IIPRD is highly active in the Technology Transfer and Licensing of Patent Backed Technologies/IP’s in the domains of Pharmaceutical, Life Sciences, Diagnostics, Telecommunications, Software and Medical Devices among others.
IKP Knowledge Park: IKP Knowledge Park (formerly known as ICICI Knowledge Park) is a non-profit Science and Technology Park based in Hyderabad, and is recognized as the premier biotech park in India. It is playing an active role in developing the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries.
Foundation for MSME Clusters: Also known as FMC, the body is a non-profit registered Trust conceived by the Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDII), Ahmedabad, India with technical support from the United Nations Industrial Development Organization’s Cluster Development Program in India. FMC strives towards making cluster initiatives inclusive with the help of a pool of distinguished national and International experts.
IIPRD is happy to announce its association with IKP Knowledge Park and The Foundation of MSME Clusters for being its Official Partner for scouting for new and innovative technologies (preferably backed by a strong Patent Portfolio) Technology Transfer opportunities for Small-Medium Size Pharmaceutical Companies. The ultimate aim is to accelerate the development of innovative companies in biotech, pharma, diagnostics and medical device areas through cluster development, technology acquisition and innovation fostering.
It is an excellent opportunity for the Indian/ Foreign companies, universities and Institutes for technology transfer/out-licensing/commercialization of their technologies in the following technology areas.
- Therapeutics & vaccines in phase 1 clinical trials (infectious diseases, cancer)
- Biosimilars with significant data for regulatory approval (MAbs, therapeutic proteins)
- Point of care diagnostics that can be low priced
- Molecular PCR diagnostics – infectious diseases, genetic diseases
- ELISA based diagnostics – infectious diseases, genetic diseases
- Rapid diagnostics (paper strip tests)
- Enzymes for diagnostics biochemical tests (GOD, POD, etc)
- Enzymes with industrial applications
- Economic and green production of pharmaceutical intermediates and API’s
- Cardiac stents improvements, designs
- Inexpensive medical devices
In brief, the mandate of the exercise is to identify technologies in one or more of the above highlighted technology verticals and present them to established and interested group of In-Licensees/Buyers of the technologies. Product or process Technologies of potential out-licensees/sellers, which are either Corporates or Individuals, having adequately supporting clinical data or commercial use data relating to the respective technology, are welcome to send their technologies to us for brief evaluation post which we would be sharing these technologies with potential in-licensees/buyers in India.
The potential technologies would be showcased in January 2012 in Hyderabad and Ahmedabad, India and we therefore request all interested companies having technologies in the above mentioned categories to write to us at Dayanand@iiprd.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Dayanand Reddy at 0120-2342010.
Mr. Dayanand Reddy
IFAIA Centre, S/20-22,
Greater Noida Shopping Plaza
UPSIDC Site – IV,
Plot No. S-7/2, Kasna Road
Greater Noida – 201 308, UP,
National Capital Region, India.
API and intermediate production:
- Few intermediates which are imported from China. Indian companies are interested in cost-effective methods of manufacture that can be in-licensed. Examples: 2,4-Dichloroflurobenzene (Intermediate for Ciprofloxacin), 6 – AminoPenicilic Acid (6-APA; intermediate for Peninicillin), Erythromycin (fermentation intermediate)Vitamin C, Difluorobenzene(Intermediate for Flucanazole).
- Biocatalysis for stereoselective reduction.
- Chiral synthesis, enzymatic stereoreduction, Novel catalysts to make process more efficient, Stoichiometric yield improvement (theoretic/atom yields).
- Cheaper process, green processes, more efficiency. Raw materials. Want to enter new markets-open to new APIs.
- Custom synthesis of Impurity/metabolite: Cost effective synthesis, novel methods of synthesis.
- Process improvements, Intermediate manufacture.
- Open to considering new synthesis pathways. Open to making new analogs of APIs.
- Open to new processes that are more economical. Reduction, chloromethylation and bromination green technologies, Methylation of phenols, Water based methylation using methanol and phase transfer catalysts.
- Ketone and amine technology for statins.
Formulations and drug delivery:
- NDDS, Novel formulations, production technologies (Directly Compressable Granulation technology; Dissolution Technology (key requirement))
- Gastric retentive technology (GRT). Transdermal patches-HRTs, hypertension. Liquid orals technologies. Solid oral- controlled release, Intra rumenal capsules. Dry powder inhalation products
- NDDS for asthma drugs, for respiratory delivery
- Mouth dissolving tablets
- High value, low volume. Energy, probiotics, waste water treatment etc.
- Childhood vaccines/ candidates, adult vaccines, novel vaccines, novel fermentation technology, adjuvants, vaccine delivery, cold chain breaking technologies..novel formulations
- Want microbial identification techniques
- High yield vectors to produce monoclonal antibodies, better production techniques. Similar techs for biosims
- Most robust technological systems for manufacturing, processing and analytical advantages(HPLC, PCR, etc-fewer steps). Methods for increasing yields, or reducing down-stream processing costs. Antibodies for purification: product specific. Raw materials too high-disposable bioreactors, plastics, pipettes, etc.New vaccine candidates, novel adjuvants, novel expression systems, Bacterial or yeast expression systems for influenza antigens, HPV antigens, MAbs, etc
- Monoclonal antibodies-biosimiliar. Open to acquiring new area (oncology focus, TuMabs). Surface resonance frequence meters for testing Mabs.
- Genetically modified organism for yielding DHA, less expensive raw materials
- Effluent treatment.
- Fermentation based technologies, technologies that can improve conjugation of vaccines, anything that can increase yields, etc.better vaccines that. Better adjuvants, better stability appearance, etc
- Fermentation based technology for pharma – Immuno-surpressions. Seretiopeptidase, Nattokinase, Fungal-destase, acitic protease, Lectase (enzymes), Improved versions. They have 40,000 litre fermentation capacity, which is ready, which they want to use. Sub-merge biotechnology. Good vaccine technology, like polyvalent, penta-valent. They don’t want to be disease specific. Open for multiple disease areas
- Vertical integration. Biofuels: Jatropha seed to oil. Value added technologies. (for e.g. decrease toxicity in seed cake). Anything that adds value to any step in the biodiesel production. Any clean energy technology- algae, etc. Resin column technologies, hydrodynamic conversion, catalytic depolymerization. Nutraceuticals: innovative herbal extraction, low- value, high value plant based products.
- Access to good quality MAbs. Immunoturbidometry techniques.Open to sub-licensing. Enzymes such as Glucose oxidase-GOD , peroxidise-POD, Urease, cholesterol oxidase and cholesterol esterase : can enter these verticals.
- R&D Equipments is a major problem, bio-equipment is a major opportunity area (No/very few people operate)…..Following areas they are interested in: Novel Rapid diagnostics technologies, markers, Glucometer, Hb-meter, molecular diagnostics…..POCT .
- Better, less expensive instrumentation technologies. Enzymes for biochemical tests. Rapid test technologies-list- pregnancy then HIV, HBV, tropinin, etc. (See website of Association of Diagnostic Manufacturers of India :www.admi.org).
- Smart-phones: Android (google) based solutions for diagnostics…to ally with Elisa reader/spectrophotometer. MAbs for Diabetic markers (C-peptide, HA1C): CVD markers. Check with ATCC. Rapid test technologies. All hand held diagnostics
- Its only through innovative technologies we can penetrate the market nationally and internationally and create a brand value for ourself. Like for example you see most of the products in diagnostics sectors are not stable above say 37 °C, if we have a products which are stable at even 45 °C and above then there is huge potential. Say insulin oral delivery again has good potential market. Biosimilars stable at 40°C might sound good.
- Drug-delivery, elution kinetics. Novel alloys for stent systems, biocompatible material in stents. Also entering oncology drug delivery material. Stents in non-cardiac areas (peripheral stents). Self-expanding or shape memory stents.
- Anything that optimizes/miniaturizes the controller components or iontophoresis. Sumatriptan succinate, GNRH, etc. Formulations for transdermal patch-friendly drugs.
- Implant and fixator grade SS steel and titanium manufacture technologies. Forging of titanium and cobalt-chrome.
- Hydroxy-apatite, ceramic and other biocompatible coatings for implants
- Tech transfer of design.