Indian Trade Marks Registry has on 03rd November 2011, published on their website Gazette Notification dated October 13,2011 which states that after expiry of forty five days from the date (which falls on 18 Dec 2011) on which this notification is published, the e-filing of trade marks applications and related documents will be made mandatory after considerations of objections and suggestions received from public in this regard. As an impact of this, if one files a Trade Mark application online, he/she will:
• Receive a trade mark application number immediately
• Receive an On-line verification to assure error-free filing and obtain the filing date
• Speed up the registration process
• Print the completed application data and receive fee acknowledgement
• Save the data locally onto the PC
• Be able to recall the contact details for subsequent applications
About the Author: Mr. Sagar Gupta, a Trade Mark Associate at Khurana & Khurana, IP Attorneys and can be reached: Sagar@khuranaandkhurana.com.